Market Ready Rehabs – Serving Investors, Realtors & Home Owners
Many homes that appear on the market for sale, still need a decent cosmetic facelift. Most buyers struggle to buy a house that still needs work. They do not have the time, the energy, the imagination, the money, or the contacts to deal with upgrades after a sale. Even something as simple as an off-color bedroom can hinder the sale of a property. Since I have been flipping and come from a construction management background I will always offer to take care of repairs for my clients through my own crew and contacts of trusted contractors. Can I help you too?
We offer everything from paint, to floors, to doors, to pools, to roofing and so on. We can tackle it all – at reasonable prices, with good timelines.
I want to expand my basic rehab services to all Investors, Realtors and home owners. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, flooring or a complete remodel, then get in touch with me. You will get:
- Ethics of a licensed professional
- Market knowledge of a Realtor
- Real Estate Investor subcontractor prices
- Dedication of a soldier
- Work ethic of a laborer
- Morals of a saint
- Charm of an Englishman
- A beautiful market ready home that will sell faster!
The process is simple and I will manage every step for you, making sure you are not ripped off, taken advantage of, or delayed in getting as much for your home sale as possible. If you rush to list a home before it is ready you can be sitting on it for days or even months, when you could have taken a few days to get it in pristine condition and sold it immediately. The first few days on market are the best chance of a full priced sale. A home that sits for sale develops a stigma over time and is far less likely to sell for asking price. It is my goal to help you avoid this.
*Investors note: I can build a scope of work, project analysis, get estimates, manage contractors, help with permits, architects, structural engineers and the daily work management. If you don’t have the time or expertise I can run your whole flip process on your behalf.
The Process & Pricing:
- Message me. It’s FREE. Let’s talk about your property and form a strategy. We can discuss the home inspection and how to give you the upper hand if you are willing to be preemptive in your methods.
- In-home consultation. I will walk through and build a scope of work, take measurements and help you evaluate what is worth doing and what is not.
- Review my quotes and make a decision. My prices are way below most quotes you will find, but even if you do find cheaper, you can take the gamble on their integrity and ability to deliver on time. There will never be any question of my integrity and timeliness.
- Schedule and preparation. 50% deposit required. I will line up my crew (and other contractors if applicable) for a time that is suitable, while you can prep your house. A vacant home with no furniture is most preferable and prices will be affected by the degree of obstacles involved.
- Rehab work. Prices will vary. Size and scope of work will affect pricing. A total remodel you can be looking at $50-100+k.
- Inspect work and Pay remaining balance. Your home is ready for listing and should sell much faster, or if you plan on living there, what you have invested should be recouped in equity gains when you do sell. What you spent should be easily made up for in justifying your asking price versus a longer listing, with associated carrying costs and more likely low ball offers. I offer listing discounts for my clients that use my remodel services.
- Painting: walls, doors, ceilings, trim, baseboards, exterior siding
- Aesthetics: Caulking or grouting cracks, feature walls, lights
- Exterior: siding, brick, stucco
- Flooring: concrete, epoxy, vinyl plank, hardwood, carpet
- Plumbing, HVAC and electrical repairs – or upgrading to more modern fixtures
You have 2 options:
Strategy 1: No cosmetic Rehab = No immediate pain, but you may lose way more than the cost of a cosmetic rehab in the end.
- Immediately listed on market. This is the only advantage.
- Buyers find faults easily. Days on market 30, 45, 60, 90?
- Carrying costs can easily reach $5,000.
- Sales price = mostly likely less than original list price and likely a lower offer than the current list price at time of offer. Possible loss $2,500 – $10,000 or more.
- Deal may get encumbered by the inspection report and puts position of strength in buyers hands. Deal may fall through during option period after buyers inspection.
Strategy 2: Cosmetic Rehab = upfront pain of the cost, but could save the deal and you thousands in the long run.
- Small delay to listing, hopefully less than a week.
- Buyers see few faults. Days on market less than 30. Closed in 30 days or less.
- Cost, maybe $10,000 rehab and minimal carrying costs.
- Sales prices = asking price. Minimal concessions, due to minimal objections and higher desirability. Possibly even multiple offers.
- Far less chance of using the inspection report as leverage for concessions, plus smoother option period and less likely to back out.
Investors, Realtors and home owners contact me and let’s work together to get your home Market Ready… and sold!